at The HSC
at The HSC
2022 Mike McQuaid I Am Home Breakfast
The annual Mike McQuaid I Am Home Breakfast recognizes and celebrates our collective work creating successful journeys from street to home.
With more than 400 people in attendance at the Arizona Biltmore and nearly 100 more watching and contributing virtually, the 16th annual Mike McQuaid I Am Home Breakfast raised more than $850,000 to support HSC programs and services to assist people experiencing homelessness move from street to home.
“Being able to return to a live format after a fully virtual event last year, and to reconnect with so many friends, supporters and family members made this event even more meaningful for all of us,” said HSC Executive Director Amy Schwabenlender, who co-hosted with HSC Board Chair Jonathan Koppell. “We are deeply grateful for the incredible generosity of the community to support the work we do in helping individuals experiencing homelessness move from street to home.”
Among the highlights of the event were:
- A discussion with two HSC staff members about their experience with homelessness and how access to resources and services changed the direction of their lives
- A presentation by Congressman Greg Stanton who gave the McQuaid family a framed certificate of the statement Stanton read into the Congressional Record in honor of Mike McQuaid, campus founder and former board president, who passed away in July 2020.
- A special recognition of attorney Paul Gilbert of Beus Gilbert McGroder for donating more than two years of pro bono legal representation during the formal Phoenix City Council zoning-change process that resulted in approval for an additional 275 shelter beds in the shelter at HSC operated by Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS).
The event sponsored by 42 organizations, including Signature Sponsor Avondale Toyota, also featured a performance by the Phoenix Symphony Ensemble: B-Sharp Music Wellness Program and a video of an HSC client’s journey out of homelessness.
Watch the Event (Replay)
2021 Event Program (PDF)
2021 Event Photos
(click an image to start slideshow)
- Avondale Toyota
- AZ Dept of Economic Security
- Bank of America
- BHHS Legacy
- City of Phoenix
- Garcia Family Foundation
- Howes Family Foundation
- Maricopa County Industrial Development Authority
- Maricopa County
- Mercy Care
- Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust
- Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community
- Thunderbirds Charities
- US Dept of Housing and Urban Development
- Valley of the Sun United Way
- Virginia G Piper Charitable Trust
Special Thanks To
- Molly McQuaid and Family
- Marx Productions
- Phoenix Symphony
- STN – The Social Television Network
- Steve Carr, The Kur Carr Group
- Lynn Pellistri, LM Pellistri Video
- Jason Lewis, Enigma Design Graphics, Inc.
- Brian O’Meara, Saolré Marketing
ThirstAid 2022: May 1 – September 30
100,000 Bottles per Month Needed to Keep Clients Hydrated
Bottled water donation drop-offs are scheduled on the first Saturday of each summer month from 9am to noon, and it couldn’t be easier. You pull up at 13th Avenue & Harrison St., and our staff will remove the donations from your vehicle. We also welcome travel-sized toiletries, summer clothing, shoes, new men’s/women’s underwear, hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm. If you’re looking for a group activity that makes a difference, check out our Heat Relief Kit Checklist and come together to complete kits or donate kit contents in bulk.
And a big thank you to our partner St. Joseph the Worker, the originator of ThirstAid, for promoting collaboration among Campus partners to ensure our collective clients have water to drink as they work on ending their homelessness. Don’t forget to share our mission and needs with your social networks!
For more information or to schedule a drop-off on a different day, or for assistance with creating your own bottled water drive, please contact us at 602-282-0849 or email@example.com.
You may also contribute online and help us purchase water in bulk. Thank you!
Project Connect – March 22, 2022
Project Connect – a traveling resource fair
Help a neighbor end their homelessness.
March 22, 2022
7am – 3pm
Salvation Army Northwest Valley
17420 Avenue of the Arts”
Surprise, AZ 85378