COVID19 – June 23 – Update
Collaboration in Action!
- Life is adjusting to a COVID-norm as we have adapted procedures and spaces to deal with assessments and physical distancing, mask wearing, hand washing, and sanitizing. We are prepared to operate this way as long as it takes to ensure the health and safety of as many people as possible.
- Our case for adding beds to the special permit for the Campus is on the agenda for information-only on July 13th to the Central City Village Planning Committee at 6 pm. Please help us to generate support by visiting https://fromstreettohome.org and sharing this link with your networks. COVID is exposing the lack of service capacity for providers to be able to shelter everyone who is vulnerable, and shelter is a first step to ending homelessness.
- HSC and St. Vincent de Paul (SVdP) are providing summer weather relief for up to 80 people nightly in the SVdP dining room. We will operate the program through September 30.
- COVID-19 has caused us to implement physical distancing indoors, resulting in more clients having to wait outdoors for services. Maricopa County is providing funds for several canopies and awnings to be installed around Campus, providing much needed shade for clients. This work will begin as soon as the canopies/awnings are available.
- Our next bottled water donation drop-off at 15th Avenue & Harrison is Saturday, July 18th from 9am to noon, and it couldn’t be easier. You pull up and our staff will remove the donations from your vehicle. Call Ivan Orozco at 602-282-0849 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- You may also contribute online and help us purchase water in bulk at discounted prices: https://donorbox.org/hsc.
- Thank you for your continued support! Stay safe and heathy!