Key Updates 3/25/2020:
- Our Health Care partner Circle the City (CTC) operates the Healthcare for the Homeless clinic and is leading our collaborative planning efforts on the Campus. Their expertise allows us to triage and assess the medical status of every person who comes to the Campus for services. This week CTC will begin to open isolation areas for anyone who is tested and is waiting for a result.
- The HSC is looking to repurpose other spaces, like the Lodestar Day Resource Center to shelter about 50 individuals that are elderly and have chronic health conditions. Our current status is one of constant adaptation and change to best serve our collective clients.
- We are working with several funders to assist with our unbudgeted expenses related to the crisis response, specfically for temporary staffing, security, expanded janitorial services and supplies, and handwashing stations. We are incredibly grateful for their partnership and support in this challenging time.
- We converted our upcoming Awareness Walk in downtown Phoenix to a ‘virtual walk,’ asking people to walk two miles somewhere and make a financial contribution to HSC.
- We are having a Donation Drive-By on Saturday April 4th from 9am to 12pm at the corner of 15th Avenue and Harrison. Contact Ivan Orozco at 602-282-0849 or email@example.com.
- A list of items we need immediately:
- Liquid hand soap
- Trash bags
- Clorox (or similar) wipes
- Bottled water
- Gloves (Nitrile Exam Powder-Free Gloves 15 mil thickness)
- Deodorant, toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Feminine hygiene products
- Adult diapers (pull ups)
- One-person tents
- Sleeping bags
- Adult bed pillows